Sunshine Blogger Award
Thank you so much SweetNightingale! This really made my day (who am I kidding, it made my month =p). You should go check out her Sim 3 story ‘Forever In Time’ – it’s so emotional!
Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
Nominate 11 bloggers and add their links.
Notify the bloggers you included.
Keep the rules in your post.
1. What got you into writing Sims stories?
I can’t actually remember how I found it, or found out about it, but I ended up reading the Bloomer Legacy by ThePlumbob and I loved it. It wasn’t until much later that I decided to write my own though. I want to be an author one day, but getting into the habit of writing regularly was pretty difficult – this seemed like the perfect way. After all, if I get stuck with my ideas I have free will on – something normally happens to kick start my imagination again =p
2. If you could bring any of your Sims to life and be their best friend, which Sim would it be and why?
Ooooh I don’t know. I love them all so much. Ummm… maybe Morgan? The goofball trait seems like a really good one to have in a friend (especially with ‘good’ – stops her from going too far.)
3. If you had the opportunity to possess the ability to do magic, would you accept it? Why or why not?
I totally would. I mean, how awesome would it be to be able to do magic?! I wouldn’t use it for everything, but there are some things that it would really come in handy for – like fixing things that are potentially dangerous to touch when broken =p
4. Which Sims game do you prefer (Original Sims, Sims 2, Sims 3, or Sims 4) and why?
Currently it’s Sims 4. I loved all the games as they came out and I still do, but 4 and 2 were probably my favourites.
5. Where have all the flowers gone?
Lissa probably ate them out of curiosity, lets be real.
6. What do you do to gather inspiration when you’re suffering from writer’s block?
I tend to either listen to music that brings the kind of feelings that I want in my writing (I am a soundtrack hoarder, so I have stuff for most situations), or I just take time away from it completely and do something unrelated to let my brain rest.
7. Have you ever participated in NaNoWriMo? If so, please tell us a little about the experience.
I started it once when I was in University, but it turns out that it is a TERRIBLE idea to add extra work to a full time course. So lets just say ‘yes’ and leave it at that =p
8. What genre of books/movies/tv shows do you prefer and why?
I LOVE fantasy, sci-fi and horror (in all of the above). I’m a complete Trekkie, I love stuff like Red Dwarf, iZombie, Farscape, Game of Thrones (up until the Dorne plotline because they just plummed around with that)… OH! Stuff like ‘The Twilight Zone’, ‘Neil Gaiman’s Likely Stories’ are pretty amazing, too! Also, I have a weakness for regency romances (the non-bodice-ripper ones, anyway =p)
9. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
Sweden! I’m actually teaching myself the language, and I hope to move there when I’m well enough 🙂
10. What is your favorite hobby?
Reading or drawing, probably.
11. What do you do with a drunken sailor?
Early in the morning? Chuck him in a longboat til he’s sober.
Nominations (No order, going to try to nominate people who haven’t been yet ^^)
I’m still new to the community and simlit in general, so I’m afraid I don’t have eleven, but here are my nominations 🙂
My Questions for the Nominees
1) How long have you been writing simlit?
2) What is your favourite type of challenge to write/play? Why?
3) Favourite sim in your nominated story? Why?
4) What other games do you like playing?
5) Favourite season?
6) Find a quote that describes you (can be from a film/book/tv/person/anything)
7) Monty Python – yay or nay?
8) What do you do to make the resizing/editing/sorting of screencaps for your story more fun?
9) What is Love?
10) Best way to get rid of the hiccups?
11) Favourite book(s)?
I look forward to seeing your answers!